Bill Wiggin MP and E.ON team up to help North Herefordshire residents get ready for winter
Bill Wiggin MP met with representatives from E.ON at its ‘Getting ready for winter’ event to find out about the support available to help local residents and small business customers with their winter energy bills.
The event was held in the House of Commons where representatives from E.ON shared details about:
- The Energy Companies Obligation which supports the installation of energy efficiency measures such as cavity wall and loft insulation in low-income households and in properties that have cavities that are harder to treat;
- Practical debt advice including home visits and information for customers who can’t afford to pay their bills;
- Smart meters which can help put people in control of their energy use, facilitate easier switching and bring an end to estimated billing;
- E.ON’s Saving Energy Toolkit which allows customers to see how their home energy use stacks up compared to similar homes in order to see where savings can be made;
- Support for smaller to medium sized businesses (SMEs) including the Energy Toolkit which offers sector-specific energy saving tools and advice and a dedicated energy efficiency helpline to help small businesses save energy.
Bill Wiggin MP said: “There’s a huge amount of help available for people who are worried about their winter energy bills. So it’s great that E.ON is running this session to help ensure that anyone who contacts my office will be able to get the best and most up-to-date advice, whether they’re an E.ON customer or not.
I’d encourage anyone who wants to know more to get in touch with me or with their energy supplier to make sure they’re getting all the help they should be.”
Ruth Day, Head of Public Affairs at E.ON, said: “We know people are particularly concerned about their energy bills at this time of year. That’s why it’s really important we make sure people know about the help they may be entitled to, before the winter sets in. As well as holding this event, we’re also working with a number of like-minded organisations to spread the word, and are keen for anyone who’s concerned to get in touch and find out how we can help them.”
For more information about E.ON, visit eonenergy.com.