- Statement on coronavirus from The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care – 24 March 2020 - On Tuesday 24 March, The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP made a statement in the House of Commons regarding COVID-19: With permission, Mr Speaker, I would like to make a statement on covid-19. The spread of coronavirus is rapidly accelerating... Continue Reading →
- Letter from The Prime Minister regarding flooding – 17 March 2020 - A copy of the letter I received from The Prime Minister regarding the unprecedented levels of flooding across Herefordshire.
- Budget 2020 - The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, announced some very exciting new spending commitments which will have a positive impact for the people of North Herefordshire. Coronavirus/ Covid-19 The NHS in this Budget has been given a £5 billion Initial... Continue Reading →
- Advice for constituents concerned about Coronavirus - I have just received the news that the first case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been confirmed in Herefordshire. Whilst there is no need to panic unduly, it is vitally important that we all continue to practice good hygiene and prevent... Continue Reading →
- Flooding update – 2 March 2020 - Flooding causes terrible disruption and misery. That is why the Bellwin scheme was used to compensate Councils for the extra costs that dealing with the damage creates. Bill Wiggin MP for North Herefordshire said “Despite the Government activating and extending... Continue Reading →
- An update from George Eustice MP regarding the Government response to Storm Dennis and Ciara – 24 February 2020 - A copy of the letter I received from George Eustice MP, Secretary of State at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, regarding the response to Storm Dennis and Ciara.